A
best friend; someone is trustworthy, someone you can tell deep secrets, someone
who will always stick with you no matter what you have said or done. Someone
who can give you the best hugs in this world! His/her shoulder to cry on,
because you know that he truly care about you. And I am no different; I too had a best friend…….My First Love!!!
He always encouraged me
to reach my full potential. He always told me to try harder and never give up.
He listened to me very patiently. I could talk to him about almost anything
including my boyfriend. It’s only because of him, now I can spend my life
happily with my dream man.
He was tall, handsome and
intelligent. I always wanted see him wearing a suit. I wished to gift him a
suit in my marriage, but that didn't happen because of his illness. So I
decided to gift him on next special occasion. But that day never come in my
life.
Never in my worst mare, I
thought I could have seen him in this way. This was first time in my life, I
was standing in ICU.My best friend was in front of me and his body revealed
what he had gone through the accident. He was covered with white bed sheet and
his face had so much injuries. His right chest had a fracture. A feeding pipe
ran down his nose and multiple injection tubes piercing different parts of his body.
He was surrounded with by a ventilator, heart beat monitor and a oxygen cylinders.
I was restless. I couldn't able to stand there and can’t able to control myself
and started crying seeing him. One can’t imagine how much pain he was bearing
all alone. He was totally unconscious.
Next three days passed
in prayers, hope and anxiety. On 5th day he opened his eyes and
stared at me. I heard those words through his eyes: “I am so happy to see u….I
am gonna all right…nothing will happen to me”. Apollo hospital, Bhubaneswar doctor
tried his best to make him well. But his health is getting worse day by day. He
again fell unconscious. The anxiety and fear were back in me. Time stood still.
Seconds, minutes and hours passed like days. With each passing day, his health
is going down. Constantly being on ventilator, his lungs were filled with water
and blood. There was internal bleeding also for which he had to take 2-3 units
blood daily. After ten days on loosing patience, I asked doctor to take second opinion.
The mental burden was too much. There was no good news, only bad news. I was hopeless,
helpless and frustrated. Then doctor told to take 2nd opinion.
Moving a serious patient
from an ICU was the toughest part. But there was no other option. I had made up
my mind. One cannot imagine shifting a patient from one hospital to another
there are lot of paper works and that is most important for them more than a
serious patient’s life. Every single moment was precious. It was the first time
I had been in an ambulance. Standing on the road, watching ambulance is very easy.
But seating inside an ambulance was enough to scare you. It was making more
scaring with the sound of siren. Within half an hour, he was immediately
admitted to ICU, Kalinga hospital.
Almost two days had gone. The
doctor told he is trying his best. I was waiting to hear some good news. But
something strange happened that night. Something which I couldn't believe at first.
While I was sleeping, I feel he was sitting beside me. He was smiling and he
put his hand on my cheek. And that moment I was speechless. He was looking as
usual handsome as earlier.
He
asked me”How are you my dear?” But I was shocked and unable to speak anything.
He
again said” I came here for you…I was and I will always there for you. I can
never away from you”.
I
was so happy and I hugged him tightly. After few minutes, he said “promise me
you will take care of yourself always”. I could see his love for me through his
eyes.
He
again said “promise me to take care of yourself and your brother….take care of
your mother always…you will never break your promise to me”.
I couldn't understand and asked “why, what happened…why are you saying like
this?”
He
closed his eyes and said” Let me go peacefully….I will be there with you always”.
For few seconds I couldn't able to know what happened in the darkness. Suddenly,
my cell started ringing.
It
was 6 am morning. Mom was calling. I picked up the phone and said “Hello?”But I didn't get any response from her, but I could hear her breath.
She
only said with heavily voice” Dad?” Immediately I rushed to the hospital. In
ICU, I was shocked and froze. I didn't remember and recall anything else. I
only heard the voice of the doctor telling to my brother” he took his last
breath early hours of the dawn. After the formalities we will hand over you the
body”.
I
was not able to cry. I lost my control and screamed at the doctor “God damn,
it’s not body. He is my father”.
Yes he is my father, my best
friend, my first love of life whom I want to gift a suit to wear. Because
of his illness he didn't able to wear a suit, not even able to enjoy my
marriage. I thought I will make everything so that he will have full fun at my
brother’s marriage. But fate has something else. I will never ever see him
again as a person in my life, because he is no more. I cannot tell you how much
it hurts to live without the person who means a lot to you more than anything
in this world.
i understand ur feelings nani.. but i just want to tell u that,
ReplyDeleteuncle is always there with u nani...
he will also enjoy with all of u on B2's marriage..
u just be happy and enjoy ur lyf..
He lives in God's house now.May his soul rest in peace and make sure his last promise will be kept unbroken for ever.
ReplyDelete