Are we humans instinctively co-operative or are we naturally
selfish? This thought is creeping in my mind since long now. I think may be
from my childhood. The exact meaning of “Selfishness” is concern with one’s own
interests. This does not include a moral evaluation. It does not tell us
whether the concern with one’s own interests is good or evil. That is for the
individual to decide, whether his decision affects other people.
Our seniors
use to say”Progress in your life.
Wherever you go, try to reach at the top”. Isn’t that selfishness?
People always want to know your secret to success. If you don’t disclose your
secret, people around tag you as a selfish person. I don’t think that is
selfishness of you. It is your way of preserving your source. That is “Self-preservation”,
not “Selfishness”. Personally I believe that it is ok to strive for your own
success, but you have to make sure that you don’t step on other’s foot.
One more
thought come to my mind. I always heard this from one of my closed ones that if
she had known earlier that her son will go far away to settle in life, she
would not allow him to go for higher studies, so that he will stay with her
always. So here, who is selfish the mother or the son? I know it’s the mother’s
love for her son, but isn’t it ok for him to fulfill his dreams, to become
successful and to enjoy his life. Does that mean he is selfish? I think if you
are not taking care of your responsibility, then you are selfish. But if you
are happy and that does not affect people around you, then it’s not
selfishness. Recently I watched one movie ”Yeh
Jawani Hai Deewani”. For people it is just an entertainment movie. After
watching this movie I am sure no one especially our parents ever thought for a
single second, what the film try to teach. In the movie father allowed his son
to live his life in his own terms which he never be able to do in his own life.
The problem is that society has misinterpreted selfishness as being
“Greediness”. Selfishness is unavoidable, but it does not imply greed. It
simply means looking for your own self-interest. It is a request to all the
parents to change their mindset. They should broaden their thoughts and allow
their children to live their life on their own terms.
I
believe that if you are happy from inside, then only you can be able to make
happy others. Being happy is not
selfishness, its necessity.
!!! Live the Life
Fullest!!!
Just mind blowing.. keep your passion for writing alive....
ReplyDeleteKeep going Jubileee..
ReplyDelete